Personal data activities
Jõhvi Municipal Government accomplishes following personal data activities:
- Birth registration;
- Death registration;
- Marriage registration;
- Marriage with a clergyman registration;
- Divorce registration;
- Change of name;
- Change of gender;
- Personal code number registration to the database;
- Fatherhood adoption;
- Certificates issue (marriage certificate);
- Updating the personal data in the Population Register (court decisions and marital status documents within Estonia or from abroad);
- Giving out the Population Register personal data for justified reasons;
- Changing and updating personal data in the Population Register.
The Population Register officials are at the service:
- Marriage and birth registration, divorce registration, changing and updating names, giving out certificates
Mon, Tue 9:00 - 12:00; 14:00 – 16:00;
Thu 9:00 – 12:00; 14:00 17:00;
Wed 9:00 – 13:00.
- Death registration
Mon, Tue 9:00 – 12:00; 14:00 – 16:00;
Thur 9:00 – 12:00; 14:00 – 17:00;
Wed 9:00 – 13:00;
Fri 9:00 – 15:00.
Registration the place of residence
The purpose of the residence registration is to guarantee that the personal data of Estonian citizens and foreigners recieved the residence permit, is accumulated into one database, which will allow the state government and the local government legally fullfil and provide an individual´s with the rights and obligations and to change and update the date in the Population Register.
Residence registration procedure is regulated by the Law of Population Registraion.
Jõhvi citizens can register their residence at Jõhvi County Council. ( Jõhvi , 2 Kooli St)
Mon, Tue 8:00 – 11:00 and 13:00 – 16:00
Thur 8:00 – 11.00 and 14:00 – 17:30
Fr 8:00 – 12:00
The overview concerning the population activites are available on the official website of the Ministry on Interior https://www.siseministeerium.ee/en/population-procedures